Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dutch Angle

Learned about Dutch Angles this week.

"Dutch angle is accomplished by simply tilting the camera so the horizon is at an angle to the bottom of the frame of the shot"

The difficult part of using a dutch angle was to enable the angle to make sense. I had such a hard time with this technique. I found the most pleasing photo I took was of the sculpture "Steel Roots". Probably because it looks as though it's on an angle itself.


Another use for shooting on an angle is to

"portray the psychological uneasiness or tension in the subject being filmed."

For this I tried using one of the rats. The black one Isabelle wasn't very cooperative so I had to use Belle. Even at an angle all I saw was cute.

The one thing I took away from this challenge was the fact that even though I don't use an angle very much I DO like the way the photos look. It's something that I need to make a conscience effort to do more often!

"Baby Belle" --->
July 2010


1 comment:

Helen said...

love your results Linda! Have a great week!